Who We AreMobilizing the church to transform lives and communities in the name of Christ
Love INC of Greater Hershey exists to mobilize the church to transform lives and communities in the name of Christ. We are a collaboration of churches seeking to alleviate poverty for our under-resourced neighbors in need. We believe that everyone’s journey matters and we endeavor to provide a relational and caring environment where adults who are struggling with poverty-related issues can find hope and help as they navigate through life. Our goal is to establish healthy, resilient, and self-sufficient people who thrive in their communities.
These core values are common to all Love INC Affiliates and help define who we are and why we exist.
- We are Christian. Everything we think, say, and do is in the name of Christ.
- Prayer is an integral part of who we are.
- We follow Christ’s example of valuing the poor and needy.
- We value unity of the Body of Christ.
- We value transformation in the lives of people and communities.
- We value churches living out the two great commandments to love God and love their neighbors.
- We value building Christ-like relationships.
- We value the connectedness of the Love INC movement.
- We model excellence.
- We value continually maturing in our capacity to meet people’s needs.
Additionally, Love INC of Greater Hershey places a high value on the following:
Redefining SuccessWe value the need to redefine what mission success looks like and how it is best measured. We don’t measure success by attendance, buildings, or cash, but by growth in individuals and families, and by developing relationships and resources.
CollaborationWe value collaborating with others to impact the community. It is not our desire to do everything ourselves but to partner with other entities to establish a combined effort in reaching out to our community.
Mercy Over JudgmentWe value showing mercy to those who find themselves in difficult situations. We will accept people where they are and we will not use judgment or guilt as false motivational tools.
Understanding PovertyWe value gaining a thorough understanding of the issues of poverty, both situational and generational. It is our desire to empathize with and be an advocate for those who struggle with issues of poverty.
Relational CurrencyWe believe that relationships are our most effective currency. We believe that social capital is what people need most and measure success as to the extent we create relationships with people in need and community resources.
Love INC of Greater Hershey:
- Unifies the Body of Christ by bringing the local church together and coordinating their vast resources of expertise, talent, time, and product
- Empowers hundreds of volunteers to use their gifts and talents for legitimate, manageable service opportunities
- Oversees a central Connection Center to receive, screen, clarify, and resource needs, tracking client history for reference
- Develops a working knowledge and awareness of existing community resources, identifying service gaps, and pursuing possible solutions
- Receives, inventories, and resources a variety of donated products of Personal Care Products
- Provides free services and donated products to assist needy families with both immediate and long-term help
- Transforms lives by offering life-changing opportunities through accountable incentive-based long-term programs that move people from need to self-sufficiency
- Promotes good stewardship, with a $10 return on every $1 invested in the ministry
- Offers unique value as a coordinating hub for churches, organizations, agencies, businesses and other groups to effectively provide poverty alleviation efforts for our neighbors in need.
Does Love INC provide direct financial support?
What is Love INC of Greater Hershey's service area?
Love INC serves anyone who lives or worships in the 17033, 17036 and Dauphin County portion of the 17022 zip codes. We hope to expand this service area in the near future as we develop partnering relationships with churches from neighboring zip codes.
How does a church partner with Love INC to serve people in need?
Love INC provides services to churches to enhance, organize and coordinate local outreach efforts. We are happy to speak with any Christ-focused congregation about partnering to reach people in need. Please call Executive Director Doug Miller at 717-835-0101 for further information.
How does someone volunteer with Love INC?
Complete the volunteer application (LINK TO IT) and submit it via email, US Mail, or in-person. After receiving your application, a Love INC staff member will contact you to discuss your interests and volunteer opportunities.
How is Love INC of Greater Hershey funded?
Love INC is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose sole funding is dependent on generous individual and business donors, churches, private foundations and special event fundraisers.
Does Love INC of Greater Hershey provide financial assistance to financially distressed people/families?
Love INC does not provide direct financial assistance. We seek to help distressed families in other ways, particularly those that help to alleviate financial burden and restore their individual value, through volunteers and referrals to agencies, some of which may provide financial assistance.
(click on a church to be directed to their website)
- All Saints’ Episcopal Church, Hershey
- The Bridge Church, Hummelstown
- Church of the Redeemer, Hershey
- Derry Presbyterian Church, Hershey
- First United Methodist Church of Hershey
- Fishburn United Methodist Church, Hershey
- Grace United Methodist Church, Hummelstown
- Hanoverdale Church of the Brethren
- Evangelical Free Church of Hershey
- Holy Trinity Lutheran, Hershey
- Life Church
- New Life Church of Hershey
- Seventh-Day Adventist, Hershey
- Spring Creek Church of the Brethren, Hershey
- St. Joan of Arc, Hershey
- Stoverdale United Methodist Church, Hummelstown
- Trinity United Methodist Church, Hummelstown
- Zion Lutheran Church of Union Deposit, Union Deposit
- Area Agency on Aging
- Bethesda Mission
- Catholic Charities
- Cocoa Packs of Hershey and Surrounding Area
- Community Action Commission
- Dauphin County Assistance Office
- Dauphin County Crisis Hotline
- Dauphin County Housing Authority
- Derry Township
- Derry Township School District
- Dress for Success
- Hershey Free Church Compassion Ministries, Food and Clothing Banks
- Family Promise
- Giving Tree of Hummelstown
- Healthy Steps Diaper Bank
- Help Ministries
- Hope Lodge
- Hope Within
- Hummelstown Borough
- Hummelstown Food Bank
- Lower Dauphin Communities that Care
- Lower Dauphin School District
- Morningstar Pregnancy Services
- New Digs Ministries
- PPL On-track Program
- Recycle Bicycle
- Salvation Army
- Shepherd’s Closet Clothing Bank
- Country Meadows Retirement Communities
- Hershey Ophthalmological Associates
- Mike Leonard Plumbing
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Seedlings Academy for Young Learners
- Thrivent Financial
- Wallett’s Flooring
- The Anne M & Philip H. Glatfelter III Family Foundation
- The Fasnacht Family Foundation
- The Franklin Foundation
- The Greater Harrisburg Foundation
- The Donald B. & Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation
By working collaboratively with local churches, social service agencies, health care providers, and schools, Love INC of Greater Hershey is making a difference in the lives of whom we serve. Below are examples of how Love INC of Greater Hershey’s caring support has helped.