VolunteersCommitted to making a difference in people’s lives
Our volunteers are committed to making a difference in people’s lives. Partner churches are an integral source of the volunteers who meet the needs of Love INC clients.
Interested in volunteering? Whether your church is a Love INC of Greater Hershey partner or not, download the volunteer application form. After completing it, you may scan and email it to ClearinghouseDirector@LoveINCGreaterHershey.org or either send or drop it off at our office.
Here are a few ways our volunteers make a difference:
- Perform light housekeeping and guest care at Parsonage Ministries.
- Answer phones and assist in the office.
- Transport clients to and from appointments.
- Mentor neighbors in need with budgeting, parenting, and life skills, and their faith walk.
- Clean and repair bicycles.
- Deliver donated equipment and furniture to families in need.
- Prepare and stuff envelopes for mailings.
- Participate in and assist with Love INC outreach and fundraising events.
See our love stories page for more examples of how our volunteers make a difference!
Personal Care Closet Volunteers
Already a Personal Care Closet (PCC) volunteer? click on the button above to sign up to pack PCC bags and organize. Want to become a PCC volunteer? Download and complete the volunteer application. After we’ve received and reviewed your application, we’ll contact you about your interests.
ALL Volunteers are required to complete the Safe Practices affidavit. In addition, select government clearances below must be completed based on your volunteer role.
PA State Police Criminal Background Check
Both the PA State Police Criminal background check and PA State Child Abuse Clearance are free of charge and are required for the following volunteer roles:
- Board members
- Regular and substitute Office Volunteers
- Bike Ministry Leader(s)
- Transportation volunteers
- Mentors/Allies including Career Connections, Budget, Faith and Finances, Life Skills
- Child care volunteers AND Paid caregivers
- Parsonage House Managers and Elves
- Class Instructors / Facilitators
- Personal Care Closet (PCC) Volunteers
PA State Child Abuse Clearance
This is a free, multi-step process that MUST be done online. The state does NOT provide a paper form for this clearance. Once you click the button below, select CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT (if you do not already have a ‘Keystone’ account).
1. Click NEXT on the next screen. You are simply acknowledging that you are creating a ‘Keystone’ account which may be used for other state systems if you need it.
2. Create Keystone ID: Profile Information
- Keystone ID – This is simply a User id which you choose.
- This is NOT something that has been pre-assigned.
- If you are uncertain what to set as your userid, first and middle initial and last name (no spaces) is usually a good start.
- If the system indicates the Keystone ID is a duplicate, add your birth year to the end of it, and that should make it unique to just you.
- Security Questions – YES, you have to choose 3 security questions from the list provided on the website.
- Final Question – You will be asked what seems to be a common sense question at the end to proceed. This is just to ensure that you are a human completing the form and not a computer.
3. Temporary Password: Once you click FINISH, you will be emailed a temporary password. Click on the link in the email. You will be prompted to create a permanent password that you choose.
Once these steps are completed, CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully created your individual account. NOW, you can click on the option to request your PA State Child Abuse Clearance.
FBI Criminal History Record and Fingerprinting
FBI Criminal record and fingerprinting are also required for the following volunteer roles. A fee is required. If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please contact the Love INC office:
- Board members
- Regular and substitute office volunteers
- Bike Ministry leader(s)
- Transportation volunteers
- Mentors/allies including career connections, budget, faith and finances, life skills
- Child care volunteers AND paid caregivers
INSTRUCTIONS: Most information requested should be self-explanatory. Use the values below for the fields listed:
- Agency ID – blank
- Agency Name – Love INC of Greater Hershey
- Agency Address – 245 East Derry Road, Hershey, PA 17033
- Reason Fingerprinted – select DHS Volunteer